Regent Street & St James’s Design District features in London Design Festival 2018
The Regent Street & St James’s Design District has been created by the areas of Regent Street and St James’s for the very first time as part of London Design Festival 2018 (LDF). From the 15th – 23rd September, the Regent Street & St James’s Design District will showcase the best of boutique independent stores and global flagship brands, as well as hidden galleries and eateries.
For those who are passionate about design, the inaugural Design District will celebrate Regent Street & St James’s as design destinations and highlight the breadth of their design credentials. There will be a series of events, activities, installations and talks – make sure it’s added to your cultural calendar.
Due to unforeseen circumstances the Landmark Project, Trace, that was due to be present on Regent Street from Friday 14th September as part of the London Design Festival, will now be going ahead in 2019. Dates when the Landmark Project will be visible on the street in 2019 will be released shortly.
Design District Events
In addition, design aficionados will be thrilled to hear that there will be a varied programme of activity hosted throughout LDF to honour the design credentials in the heart of London’s West End. The District’s events programme will include the likes of a visit to the world’s first 3D printed store, BOTTLETOP, which has been masterfully made entirely from recycled plastic waste. There will also be a talk by esteemed furniture designer Bethan Gray, who is set to discuss the creative process behind her new furniture collaboration with Anthropologie on the 18th September.
For those eager to get out and about, bring a bike to Rapha to attend one of its social city rides, visiting noted design landmarks. Following the ride, Rapha will be revealing a new product launch in store. There will also be late night opening hours on 19th September, when brands will keep their doors open late for London Design Festival visitors to enjoy the District’s full offering across the evening.
The District’s events programme throughout the festival includes the following brands:
• 15th September: E by Equinox Design Run
• 15th – 20th September: Christie’s Italian Art & Design auction
• 15th – 23rd September: BOTTLETOP 3D Store
• 17th September: BOTTLETOP Speaker Series
• 15th – 23rd September: La Citta è mobile! Exhibition
• 15th – 23rd September: Mexico Design Time Exhibition
• 15th – 23rd September: Showcase Presents: The Next Big Thing
• 15th – 23rd September: Liberty Open Call competition
• 15th – 23rd September: SUNSPEL 1860 Heritage Installation
• 16th & 23rd September: Rapha Design Rides
• 17th, 19th September: T2 Paper Art Installation
• 18th September: Anthropologie in Conversation with Bethan Gray
• 19th September: Late Night Opening Hours
• 19th September: Aspinal of London x Hand & Lock
• 19th September: Rapha Design Talk
• 20th September: Cubitts History of Spectacles
• 20th September: Emma Willis Bespoke Shirt Making
• 22nd September: E by Equinox Performance Design Talk
Design District Dine, Drink & Stay
There will also be a curated selection of the best food, drink and hotel offers available during LDF for you to enjoy, at destinations such as Haymarket Hotel, Hotel Café Royal, Magpie, and the St. James’s Hotel & Club.
London Design Festival is taking place from 15th – 23rd September 2018.
Find out more information and book your place onto the range of Regent Street and St James’s Design District events here.