Regent Street will be celebrating the start of the festive season on Thursday 14th November 2019 with its Christmas Lights switch-on. With 2019 marking the 200th anniversary of the creation of Regent Street itself, this year will be a celebration of this key moment in London’s history. On Thursday 14th November, we invite you to enjoy a pedestrianised Regent Street to experience the switch-on evening with entertainment for all ages to enjoy. Please find a downloadable map of all activity here.
Home to the largest lights installation in the capital, Regent Street’s and St James’s awe-inspiring ‘The Spirit of Christmas’ lights feature stunning suspended spirits inspired by Regent Street’s Christmas lights in 1954. Watching the stunning spirits light up is a truly magical moment and for those planning a visit, you can soak up the celebratory atmosphere and browse the shops, restaurants and bars across Regent Street and neighbouring St James’s before and after the switch-on show, which will take place from 5.00pm – 6.30pm.
We’re excited to share this year’s acts with you: with Danny O'Donoghue’s Irish rock trio The Script taking to the stage, joined by British singer songwriter Maisie Peters, and the cast of White Christmas alongside Heart presenters Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden to mark the much anticipated switch-on moment. With previous switch-on shows hosting the likes West-End musical showstopper Dreamgirls, singing superstars Calum Scott, Clean Bandit and Paloma Faith, as well as Doctor Who’s Jodie Whittaker on the Regent Street stage, this year will be another night of celebration.
Promising a fun occasion for friends and family, the traffic-free street will also include a shopping evening from 4-9pm. An array of brands that call London’s most iconic shopping street home will be joining in the festivities with a host of in-store and on-street surprises – from special shopping events to musical acts, and extra special gifts – to mark the start of the festive season. Just a few examples of key activity on the 14th includes:
- Anthropologie: enjoy a festive mulled wine in store
- Aqua Kyoto & Aqua Nueva: enjoy a complimentary Christmas cocktail when you order two courses from the à la carte menu
- Belstaff: complimentary monogramming on any waxed jackets bought on the evening, and sip on G&T’s or beer whilst you wait
- Calvin Klein: complimentary monogramming on gifts bought in store and doughnuts to shoppers
- Charles Tywhitt: offering gift bags with selected purchases and a special in-store offer
- Furla: offering in-store complimentary cocktails and personalization from artist Angela Varani
- Heddon Street Kitchen: mention the secret words ‘Christmas switch-on’ to receive a Christmas cocktail for £5
- Hunter: will be hosting a series of magical surprises with an in-store magician set to make you smile
- KARL LAGERFELD: receive complimentary Christmas cards and wrapping paper with any gift. Spend over £400 to receive a chocolate advent calendar
- kate spade new york: sip on champagne and delicious mince pies in store
- Longchamp: complimentary embossing available on selected product and gift wrapping on all gifts bought on the night
- lululemon: have a moment of calm in store with a chai tea and in-store DJ
- Maje: delve into your future with the help of Maje's guest Fortune Teller between 4pm and 8pm, and receive a complimentary tote bag with every purchase
- Michael Kors: warm up complimentary hot drinks and gingerbread cookies
- Molton Brown: buy a limited edition Christmas product and have the chance to treat yourself to a festive tipple at a pop-up in-store bar
- Polo Ralph Lauren: Celebrate the holiday season and enjoy carol singing and signature festive treats from Ralph’s Coffee and Bar
Keep checking our channels for details on who might be performing and follow @RegentStreetW1 #TheSpiritOfChristmas for ongoing updates.