The festive season is upon us and it’s time to eat, drink and be merry. With this in mind, we’ve pulled together the best places to book a table in Regent Street and St James's – whether indoors with your household or meeting loved ones in a socially-distanced outdoor setting. There’s also lots of our favourite restaurants offering feasts for you to enjoy at home, to save you from cooking (and travelling too). Explore the best of feasting in central London below.
- Aqua Kyoto: the ever-popular 5th Floor Roof Terrace offers Japanese delights and exquisitely mixed cocktails on the terrace, overlooking the Regent Street Christmas Spirits twinkling too.
- St James’s Hotel & Club Rooftop: the rooftop at the Trafalgar St James’s is perfectly placed for admiring London’s skyline, with dishes drawing inspiration from Japan and Korea to keep you warm.
- The Nest - Treehouse’s Bar and Roof Terrace: with 360 degree skyline views, perch here with a drink in hand, and substantial meal on table, and you’ll to have a jolly time.
Best Outdoor Tables
- Ziggy Green: a Mexican taqueria has opened onto the pavement in pedestrianised Heddon Street, offering fresh and delicious small plates and cocktails a plenty.
- 45 Jermyn Street: this St James’s icon has a small selection of outdoor tables for you to dine safely with those outside of your immediate household.
- Piccolino: bold Italian flavours and a cosy atmosphere on Heddon Street make Piccolino a popular choice for many. Enjoy delicious dishes and excellent wines too.
Best Festive Menus Indoors
- Heddon Yokocho: this ramen-based restaurant is introducing additional basement seating and an all-new three course Christmas set menu for only £24.50 to celebrate.
- ikoyi: the new Winter Menu uses the most pristine produce of the season, from custom-aged caviar to the best of the late autumn harvest, showcasing the most exceptional ingredients with African flavours.
- Farzi Cafe: experience a special 20% off the A La Carte & Sunday Brunch menus till 24th December, as well as a festive feast Christmas Lunch menu, with 2 courses at £21 per guest. For a Christmas cocktail, sip on the Hot Cinnamon Toddy - Rum Java Cinna'Mon flamed with Raspberry, Blackberry, Coffee Beans, Walnut & Chocolate Bitters and Cinnamon. Available December 7th onwards.
Best for delivery
So many of our incredible restaurants and bars will be available for you to experience at home. From Brasserie Zedel, to Berry Bros. & Rudd, to Scully or Fallow, there is a whole host of different cuisines to dine on. You could also treat yourself to a special hamper too – Bentley’s Oyster Bar and Grill will be offering a hamper service, whilst Hotel Café Royal’s Cakes & Bubbles has created an Afternoon Tea designed to be enjoyed at home, with the stamp of approval from Albert Adria no less. Discover the full list here.
For further festive content, follow our social channels @RegentStreetW1 and @StJamesLondon to discover our wonderful array of activity taking place this winter.