The 'New Year, New You' approach feels a tad overdone, and so instead we want to share optimistic ideas and realistic goals to boost your wellbeing: mind, body and soul. Read on for a few our suggestions…
"I want to try to make more time for me"
It's not selfish to make yourself a priority. Seek out some self-care in 2023:
- Boost your energy levels with a class at Gymshark and set 2023 spinning at Psycle
- Take time to hone a tailored skincare routine – find out about the latest cult products at Space NK or how to serve your sensitive skin at MALIN + GOETZ
- Switch-off with a facial appointment at Aesop or make a day of it with a spa day in London. Book in at Hotel Cafe Royal's award-winning Akasha Spa and enjoy your choice of treatments before a swim in its tranquil pool beneath London's buzzing streets
- Treat yourself to a fresh manicure or blowout at Dryby. Or refresh your look at neighbourhood barbers, Murdock
- Get upskilled with classes in photography and how to use the latest Apple devices at the Apple store. Learn from experts and build your digital skills at the Microsoft Experience Centre near Oxford Circus
- Always wanted to be a better cook? Now you can with classes to suit all skill levels at Sauce by The Langham
"I want to see more of my friends and family"
Make new memories with your nearest and dearest, and reconnect on London outings:
- Add some 'hygge' to your central London stroll and catch up with friends over a coffee from Hagen or another of our favourite London coffee shops
- Learn a new skill together with a cocktail masterclass at Heddon Street Kitchen. Teetotal or doing Dry January? Make yours a mocktail
- Rediscover your city and pick up a Santander Cycle from near Oxford Circus. Take yourselves on a tour of central London, stopping off a nearby Royal Parks – or call in to see if the King’s at Buckingham Palace. Hint: look out for the Royal Standard flag
"I want to explore more of London"
Cycle or walk around the city, with the help of these brands:
"I want to make more sustainable choices"
Put your energy into making positive changes for you and our planet:
- Explore a treasure trove of pre-loved, vintage fashion at Beyond Retro
- Whether you're doing Veganuary or simply want to cut down on meat, sit down to nourishing, delicious meals at one of these top veggie restaurants on Regent Street
- Put your best foot forward in 2023 with sustainable sneakers from ACBC, the first B Corp certified Italian shoemaker
- Swap your old items for vouchers or a discount with buy-back schemes at Mulberry, Fabletics and Molton Brown
- From low waste meals to where to shop for responsible beauty, check out our conscious shopping guide.
"I want to broaden my culinary horizons"
Whether you're trying out a new cuisine or a new London restaurant, let the old adage of ‘you are what you eat’ be a positive one in 2023:
- Have you tried oysters? There’s no better place to savour your first swallow than…well, Swallow Street. Serving fresh seafood to Londoners for over 100 years, visit central London stalwart, Bentley’s Oyster Bar & Grill
- Take your tastebuds on a world tour without leaving London. From Michelin-starred tapas at Sabor to Portugese sharing plates at Casa do Frango, book your table at one of our favourite restaurants on Heddon Street - Regent Street's dining quarter.
"I want to experience more culture"
Learn more about the world around you and challenge your perspectives:
- See an independent film at the birthplace of British cinema, Regent Street Cinema
- Extend your walk and visit neighbouring St James’s Market Pavilion to see its latest thought-provoking outdoor exhibition, or stop in at one of St James's many galleries.
Do you have any more ideas to add to this list? We'd love to hear from you on what your goals are for 2023. Share your suggestions with us via @RegentStreetW1.