The 'New Year, New You' approach feels a tad overdone, and so instead we want to share optimistic ideas and realistic goals to boost your wellbeing: mind, body and soul. Read on for a few our suggestions…
"I want to try to make more time for me"
It's not selfish to make yourself a priority. Seek out some self-care in 2022:
- Boost your energy levels with Psycle's live online classes or find your zen in Lululemon's guided YouTube yoga sessions
- Take time to hone a tailored skincare routine – enjoy a personalised virtual consultation at Kiehl’s or find out about the latest cult products with a virtual chat with Space NK’s Beauty Experts.
- Unwind with a sauna session at Glow Bar before rebooting with a bespoke adaptogen elixir in its cafe
- Treat yourself to a fresh manicure or blowout at Dryby. Or refresh your look at neighbourhood barbers, Murdock
"I want to see more of my friends and family"
Make up for lost time and plan outings to remember with your nearest and dearest:
- Add some 'hygge' to your central London stroll and catch up with friends over a takeaway coffee from Hagen
- Learn a new skill together with a cocktail masterclass at Heddon Street Kitchen. Teetotal or doing Dry January? Make yours a mocktail
- Alternatively, head over to Club Soda's pop-up shop at 59 Great Portland Street before the end of February and explore the UK's first alcohol-free off-licence
- Rediscover your city and pick up a Santander Cycle from near Oxford Circus. Take yourselves on a tour of central London, stopping off a nearby Royal Parks – or call in to see if the Queen’s at Buckingham Palace. Hint: look out for the Royal Standard flag
"I want to explore more of London"
Cycle or walk around the city, with the help of these brands:
- Get ready to roll and upgrade your cycle wardrobe with apparel brands The North Face and Rapha – meet new people on community rides with The Rapha Cycling Club
- Once you’re in our neighbourhood, you can opt to safely store your bicycle at BIKE-DROP, which has another location in nearby St James's
- For those on foot, view our guide to walking around London
- Build your knowledge of the city with rooftop views from The Nest in Treehouse and Aqua Kyoto
"I want to make more sustainable choices"
Put your energy into making positive changes for you and our planet:
- Explore a treasure trove of pre-loved, vintage fashion at Beyond Retro
- Learn about renewable energy at the world's first zero waste retailer, Bottletop
"I want to broaden my culinary horizons"
Whether you're trying out a new recipe or ordering a delicious takeaway, let the old adage of ‘you are what you eat’ be a positive one in 2021:
- Take your tastebuds on an epicurean tour without leaving home with a DIY ramen kit from Shoryu. Or impress your partner with beef wellington for two, made by Gaucho but cooked and served with love from you
- Have you tried oysters? There’s no better place to savour your first swallow than…well, Swallow Street. Serving fresh seafood to Londoners for over 100 years, visit central London stalwart, Bentley’s Oyster Bar & Grill
"I want to experience more culture"
Learn more about the world around you and challenge your perspectives:
Explore more suggestions for how you can meet these goals in nearby St James's.
Do you have any more ideas to add to this list? We'd love to hear from you on what your goals are for 2022. Share your suggestions with us via @RegentStreetW1.