If you’re ready to have someone else cook for you, reconnect with friends and family over a nice glass of wine and not have to worry about taking a blanket and a hot water bottle out to dinner with you, , then mark the 17th May in your diary.
Dining indoors will be returning - without a substantial meal and with up to six people (or ten if it's two households) - for you to enjoy. Your only question remaining should be where to book? Whether you are searching for Michelin-starred dining for a special occasion, or somewhere more casual to reunite with loved ones or little ones, Regent Street & St James’s has a restaurant to suit. Craving something from across the pond? No problem – this is a neighbourhood serving cuisines from around the world. Read on to discover our recommendations on where to book next:
- Aquavit: for all your Nordic favourites visit this St James’s Market hotspot
- Bindas Eatery: a new neighbour, Bindas serves dishes from across India within a stunning colourful setting
- Brasserie Zedel: perfect for French fare, it’s just a hop from Piccadilly Circus
- Café Murano St James: Michelin-starred Italian dishes curated by expert chef Angela Hartnett
- Gaucho Piccadilly: dine on Argentinian style meat, fish and fresh vegetarian dishes
- Heddon Yokocho: this ramen restaurant will be launching a new single dining table called the ‘Shuchu Booth’ – translating to ‘focus’ – and promises to allow you to centre all your attention on their delectable ramen
- Madera at Treehouse London: Reimagined Mexican cuisine that pairs bold flavours with organic ingredients in a stunning location
- The Wigmore: adding indoor dining to its summer terrace and garden, dinner and drinks will be served on Tuesdays-Saturdays
If you’d prefer to dine al fresco, please find our guide to the best terraces and rooftops to dine at here.
Or, you can discover our full list of restaurants in Regent Street here and St James’s here.