Want to make a lasting first impression? Whether you’re making plans for Valentine’s Day or just need some fresh ideas to break up your date night routine, use our guide to guarantee they’ll start the date impressed – the rest is up to you.
Get ready for your date
- While you don't need it, having fresh makeup can provide an extra boost of confidence so you're set up to impress. Look, but more importantly, feel your best with a makeup appointment at Kiko Milano
- Can't get your hair to sit right? Get a blow out at Dryby or refresh your do at neighbourhood barbers, Murdock
Things to do on a first date in London
- Grab a hot chocolate or visit one of Regent Street’s top coffee shops before wandering to nearby St James's Park to loop the lake and visit the pelicans
- Need some Dutch courage? Book a bottomless brunch at Ziggy Green and get the conversation (and bubbles) flowing
Things to do on a date night in London
- Get cosy watching the latest blockbuster and independent releases, or finally see that cult classic at Regent Street Cinema
- Need a break from your day-to-day? Order a Sweet Escape and enjoy the views from the Fuyu Terrace at Aqua Kyoto
- Plan a date they'll taco-bout for weeks – inspired Mexican dishes? Check. Stunning views of London? Check. Madera at Treehouse has everything you need for the perfect evening out. Make a night of it with The Treehouse’s ‘Stay and Play’ offer and enjoy a £50 dinner credit with your booking
- Sample latest concoctions from some of London's best mixologists at Artesian
- Plan a wild night with live music and cabaret at The Crazy Coqs in Brasserie Zedel. Check their website for the latest lineup
Date ideas for special occasions
- Mark an anniversary or plan a date they’ll always remember with afternoon tea at Hotel Café Royal. Extend your plans to an overnight break and celebrate in one of London’s most romantic hotels
- There are always certain wardrobe items that hold extra special value and make you get dressed with a smile. Ensure they smile thinking of you by designing a jacket together at Barbour or creating custom designs at Tommy Hilfiger’s Customisation Lab. Wrap up the perfect London date and get their new Burberry scarf monogrammed for free
Indulgent London date ideas for couples
Take your date plans up a notch with a stay at one of London’s best hotels. Or plan a nightcap at one of central London’s hottest bars.
We love hearing about your special moments in our neighbourhood – please share them with us via @RegentStreetW1.