It feels as though the saying ‘the best present is your presence’ has never been more true than this year. Whether you’re with your loved one, apart, or using Valentine’s Day to reset your self-love button, we have some ideas on how best to spend your day:
WINE & DINE YOUR DATE AT HOME
Hotel Café Royal’s Cakes & Bubbles Afternoon Tea at Home
- Cakes & Bubbles is well loved for its creative take on sweet treats and Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse for spoiling. The Champagne Afternoon In is their take on the typical traditional tea, with a bottle of Grand Reserve Champagne to mark the occasion.
- £100, book here
Shoryu Feasting Box
- Rustle up a Japanese meal for two with easy-to-follow ramen kits and cocktail kits to make a fun meal of it. Available for nationwide delivery, bring a flavour of London’s restaurant scene to your loved one at home.
- Order here
SEND A PERSONALISED…
Card from Liberty London
- Taking time to write a personal note can feel like a long-lost art form in this modern world. Liberty London’s array of gorgeous cards make the decision of which to pick a little easier, as you simply can’t go wrong. We love the Embroidered Valentine’s Card – but there are plenty of funny options too.
- From £3, find more cards here
Book recommendation from Waterstones
- We appreciate not everyone will be able to be with their valentine in person this year. One idea we had for couples celebrating from afar is sharing experiences – why not recommend a book to read ‘together’ and create a special book club for two. A thoughtful gift doesn’t have to cost the earth.
- Discover your next read here
SLIP INTO SOMETHING….
- A little more comfortable? Calvin Klein has you sorted with its Comfort Shop that has loungewear perfected to a tee. From cosy hoodies to fluffy bathrobes, bunker down this winter and stay warm at home.
- Shop options here
- A little extra special? & Other Stories’ lingerie collection ranges from silks to lace to cottons – with styles and shapes to give every figure body confidence.
- Shop options here
GIVE A LITTLE GIFT THEY’LL LOVE
Friend of the RA membership
- The Royal Academy of Arts is a creative institution and one that needs support to continue to share art with the world. Why not buy a membership for two as a Join Friend – from £190 for two adult cardholders and two members this year.
- Find out more here
Dover Street Market Candle
- The perfect gift for a style maven is the Monocle Scented Candle One: Hinoki. Drawing inspiration from a morning’s bath in Tokyo, travel together thanks to this scent and enjoy a relaxing, romantic candlelit evening.
- £60, available here
A ‘Together’ Fragrance Customisation from Floris
- A bespoke perfume experience for two, create a scent and an experienced to be shared an treasured. One to look forward to once lockdown ends, this gift includes a three hour appointment for two with a Floris perfumer at 89 Jermyn Street, where you will create your own individual and unique 100ml eau de parfums together in the secluded privacy of the Floris perfumery.
- £950, discover more here
Hotel Chocolat Treat
- Pick the ‘Way to Your Heart’ hamper for a lover you’re trying to impress, or the ‘Lovely Little Things’ collection box to show you’re thinking of a special someone. Whilst everyday ought to be Galentine’s Day in our books, the Podgy Pandas treats are too cute to say no to. There’s also the Love Potion Liqueurs if you fancy a sweet tipple.
- From £5, select your sweet treats here
PUT ME TIME FIRST
- It’s important to look after yourself and if you’re struggling to do so, Anatome’s Wellness Assessment is a brilliant place to start. An online assessment that takes just a few minutes, it will help their expert team of aromacologists and nutritionists combine the very best of nature and science to advise products that will support your health and overall wellbeing. Take the test here
- Or, speak to an online consultant at Kiehl’s – their team is on hand to offer virtual appointments to consult on your skincare needs. Sorting out a dull, dry complexion and ensuring you have healthy glowing is ultimately one of the best ways you can treat yourself. Book here
We’d love to hear what your plans are this year. Share the creative ways you’re marking the occasion with us on @RegentStreetW1 and @StJamesLondon.
If you’re seeking ideas on ways to spend your time, discover our virtual workshops and events series here featuring art classes, wellness workouts and more.