To celebrate Regent Street’s 200th Anniversary, we’ve created two complimentary weekend walking tours to share our past, present and future.
If you consider yourself a budding history buff, The Birth of Regent Street will be right up your street. The tour goes into the history of Regent Street’s creation – beginning in Regent Street St James’s and discovering around the area to spot architect John Nash’s elegant designs. The tour also incorporates the street’s rebirth in Edwardian London and some surprising facts about one of London’s much-loved streets.
- Start: Duke of York Column, St. James's, London SW1Y 5AJ
- End: Piccadilly Circus (nearest tube Piccadilly Circus)
- Dates: 20th July, 17th August and 31st August
The second walking tour available is an all-encompassing exploration of The Mile of Style. Discover the English land-planning eccentricities that led to the elegant curve that makes Regent Street so distinctive today, as well as more recent history from the world’s first purpose-built shopping street. This walking tour will cover the food, the fashion, the style, the architecture and the evolution of a fine Regency street into one of the world’s greatest 21st century lifestyle destinations.
- Start: By the ‘World Time Today’ Clock opposite the Shaftesbury Avenue exit in the concourse of Piccadilly Circus tube station.
- End: Oxford Circus (nearest tube Oxford Circus)
- Dates: 13th July, 27th July, 10th August and 24th August
Booking for our Weekend Walking Tours is required - please book here.
Please note: Walking tours require guests to arrive 10 minutes before the start of the walk. Please note: routes will vary according to the guide and group mobility. Remember that this is an outside walking tour, please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear for wet or cold weather.